Last week I focused on planning a rebuild of a earlier prototype. It was the first Unity game we actually made, a singleplayer 2D pixelart platformer. And of course everything inside the Unity project is a mess, we had no bigger picture of how Unity development works and learned most things on the fly during development (still are :)). So I started to look back at the game and the specific problems to figure out what we should redo if we decided to publish it here someday.
We are working on an entry for this months One Game A Month Theme “Childhood”. I started writing daily dev diary updates and after the third day I stopped to continue with weekly updates because we are going to work on the game for a while. This is the summary for week one. Click “Continue reading” to read the dev diary for the first two weeks.