Something smells fishy.

Day 2 passed quickly and I did not even think of writing another blog update. Here is one, written on the beginning of day 3. Gege made an improved background and mini orcas! I also added some gameplay (not to be unveiled just yet). The current ToDo-List includes finishing the mechanics, adding sound and music and as much polish as possible. Basically a typical third day of Ludum Dare for us.

The game has a small simulation part and is not as interactive as some of our previous entries, be prepared for some idling.

GIF showing our day one progress

The first day of Ludum Dare 38 is almost over. We decided to do something in the vicinity of a simulation (again). At the moment there are seamen and a can can be dropped. We plan to have the seamen live in the cans and then add one or two other features to get to a full gameloop. The initial plan was to do something way less complicated but we can’t seem to hold ourselves back when designing mechanics.

First version

We did not do much game development since the last jam we did (one year ago!). This made things a little more exhausting than expected, figuring out things I was sure I knew before. But at least we are at it. Certainly feels good to be making games again!



Our heroine and the two enemy types: staplers and file cabinets in revenge of the furniture

Our heroine and the two enemy types: staplers and file cabinets

Last week I focused on planning a rebuild of a earlier prototype. It was the first Unity game we actually made, a singleplayer 2D pixelart platformer. And of course everything inside the Unity project is a mess, we had no bigger picture of how Unity development works and learned most things on the fly during development (still are :)). So I started to look back at the game and the specific problems to figure out what we should redo if we decided to publish it here someday.

Continue reading